ValuD Course Code: MAX-WM
IBM Reference Code: NA
Duration: 2 Days
This class is designed to teach participants the fundamentals of identifying, creating, planning, scheduling, assigning, executing, completing and analyzing maintenance work using IBM Maximo.
- Overview of the Work Order, Safety and Preventive Maintenance module in Maximo.
- Review the typical life cycle of a work request.
- Discuss the purpose of Maximo in managing and maintaining work assets.
- Discuss how to leverage the Start Center to assign, route and manage work.
- Learn how to create work requests and the difference between work requests and work orders.
- Learn techniques for preventing the duplication of work orders.
- Review the statuses of a work order and the functions of each.
- Review the different methodologies of assigning work.
- Discuss methods for prioritizing and escalating aging or high priority work orders.
- Discuss best practices for Completing vs. Closing work orders.
- Learn how to create job plans and use job plan sequencing.
- Learn how to create preventive maintenance schedules and manually generate PMs.
- Creating, assigning and tracking preventive maintenance work.
- Leveraging the automation of preventive maintenance schedules.
- Learn how to utilize routes for maintenance inspections to drive predictive maintenance.
- Learn how to record down time on a work order.
- Learn how to record meter readings on a work order.
- Learn how to create and use safety plans.
- Learn how to create and use failure codes and discuss their benefits.
- Learn techniques for searching for and finding records in Maximo.
- Learn how to view the history of Assets (equipment) and locate spare parts.
- Learn how to apply plans or estimates to a work order.
- Learn how to record work efforts and materials used on a work order.
- Learn how leverage classifications to standardize work descriptions.